Serving Rural Families Since 1882. . .
North Cow Creek School was established in 1882, as a one room school house, known as Bell School (named after the donor for the property). Over the following one hundred and thirty years, NCCS has expanded to serve students from throughout the Palo Cedro, Bella Vista, and Redding areas, as well as students from Shingletown, Igo, Shasta Lake City, and Cottonwood.
Through it all, NCCS has been known for its small school appeal and high academic standards. Students who pass through our school move into their respective high schools as some of the most prepared, best mannered, and most highly successful students. Many of our students have enjoyed their time at NCCS to the degree that they return to live in the Palo Cedro area, and many of their children attend NCCS.
NCCS captures the heart and the mind of everyone who has the privilege of attending.
Welcome to our school!